- Ovalbumin or house dust mite exposure
- Airway eosinophilia, cytokine production,
- Airway smooth muscle thickening,
- Goblet cell hyperplasia,
- Subepithelial fibrosis,
- Pulmonary vascular remodeling.
We have previously shown efficacy of anticholinergics, in particular M3 selective anticholinergics, in this model using C57Bl/6 mice. Both C57Bl/6 and Balb/c mice can be used. Balb/c mice have more profound eosinophilic inflammation, whereas the remodeling is comparable between these strains.
– Kistemaker LEM, Bos IST, Hylkema MN, Hiemstra PS, Wess J, Meurs H, Kerstjens HAM & Gosens R. Muscarinic M3 Receptors Contribute to Allergen-induced Ariway Remodeling in Mice. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 2013.